1 refrigerator pie pastry (I prefer Pillsbury)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tart cooking apples, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices (3 cups)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted if desired
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) cold butter, cut into small pieces
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Unroll the pie pastry and line a 9-inch pie plate; crimp or flute the edge.
For the filling, combine the sugar, sour cream, egg, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and vanilla in a large mixing bowl; beat on medium speed for 1 to 2 minutes or until well mixed. Stir in the apples. Spoon into the pastry shell.
For the topping, combine the flour, sugar, pecans and cinnamon in a bowl. Cut in the butter until crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over the filling. Bake for 25 minutes. Bake, covered with foil, for 10 to 15 minutes longer or until the filling is bubbly. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Chill until serving time. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Makes 8 servings