- 21/2 cups chocolate wafer cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 2 (11/2-quart) cartons vanilla ice cream, softened
- 10 (1.4-ounce) milk chocolate-covered toffee candybars, crushed (I prefer Heath)
- 1/4 cup chocolate wafer cookie crumbs
For the Hot Fudge Sauce
- 11/2 cups (9 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine 21/2 cups cookie crumbs, the sugar and butter in a bowl and mix well. Press over the bottom of a well-greased 9×13-inch baking pan. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove the pan to a wire rack and cool completely.
Combine the ice cream and crushed candy bars in a large bowl; mix well. Spread evenly over the prepared crust. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cookie crumbs. Freeze several hours or overnight until firm. Cut into squares and top with hot fudge sauce.
Makes about 16 servings
For the hot fudge sauce
Combine the chocolate chips, butter, sugar, cream and water in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring constantly. Stir in the vanilla and salt. Serve warm.
Makes about 2 1/2 cups